Not only is SongCast a great way to get your music into the hands of major digital retailers, it’s now a resource for independent artists to stay up-to-date about new ways to get your music heard.
Each week on the SongCast blog we’ll provide insider tips about music marketing, music distribution, promotional ideas and much more.
Our first month of blogging will focus on the things we know are important to independent artists, like:
- How to create awareness of your music and brand
- How to promote your live performances, albums or singles
- How to let fans know that your music is for sale
We’ll also take an in-depth look at social media as it relates to indie artists. Our social media series will focus on:
- The importance using Facebook: how to create and promote your page
- The ins and outs of MySpace: how to create a profile for your band, how to cross promote your website and your music distribution channels
Be sure to look for posts in early 2011 about using Twitter to market your music, the visual power of YouTube, and the need to connect and create a conversation with your fans through blogging.
Stay in the know by subscribing to our blog and check back each week for insider tips of the trade to get your music heard. We’ll also be sharing information via Facebook and Twitter, so be sure to find us there!
Keep reading and we’ll keep providing ways to save you time, save you money and deliver your music to the world! See you here next week!
P.S. We want to hear from you, so please add any questions or comments in the section below. And if there’s a specific topic you’d like us to address, please say so!