You’re probably already selling your music online, but as an indie artist, selling your merch – your band t-shirts, posters, tote bags, mugs, etc — online presents you with an added revenue stream. There are a number of ways to do so, but two services in particular are worth checking out: Bandcamp and Topspin.
Bandcamp first and foremost, is a publishing platform for bands that easily integrates into websites and social media platforms. But on top of using it to sell your music, you can also sell other physical merchandise.
And even better yet, you can bundle them together, allowing you easily create a vinyl, poster and download package, give your fans the digital files immediately, and then ship out their merchandise. It also easily integrates into Facebook, and gives you the ability to capture email information. Hello mailing list!
Topspin is a direct-to-fan marketing and retail software platform that provides artists with tools to help increase awareness, build relationships with fans, and turn those fans into customers. TopSpin is chock-full of amazing features and is a fully integrated solution. It’s a great ecommerce, and ticketing tool (and much more).
Topspin helps you:
- Manage and sell your physical merchandise and ticket inventory
- Create exclusive offers such as fan clubs and VIP memberships
- Bundle and sell all of the above to fans worldwide, in many currencies, without needing to worry about taxes!
- Fans can pay via credit card, PayPal, and more
- Payment of sales tax is taken care of, removing the sales tax burden from you
- Reporting to Soundscan in the US and The Official Charts Company (OCC) in the UK
…and much more.
If you’re looking to make some money by selling your merch, or at least clear out some of the boxes from your basement, BandCamp and TopSpin are both worth checking out!
What do you think? How do you sell your merch?
The SongCast Crew