You just played to a sold out crowd. Fans were swooning, your mailing list has doubled and you sold a ton of merch at the show. Now what? As an independent artist, the best thing you can do is stay connected to your fan base. They’ll support you by coming to more shows, and helping to spread the word about your music.
Here are some tips to help you stay in touch with your fans:
- While you’re still on stage at the show, tell fans how much their support means to you and that you want to stay in contact with them. Invite them to join you in social media, and give them your website URL.
- Let your fans know that with Songcast, you have music on iTunes, Rhapsody and Amazon. In fact, be sure to tell them they can download your music right now to their iPod or iPhone and listen to their favorite songs on the way home from your show.
- After your show, Tweet a thank you to fans and post Facebook and Myspace status updates thanking them for coming.
- Don’t forget to let your fans know that you’re on Facebook AND give them your direct URL (example: facebook.com/mypage). Ask them to become a fan of your Facebook page.
- After the show, send an email to your mailing list that serves as a thank you to fans for attending the show and gives them an update about upcoming events and/or other noteworthy items. Ask them to share the email with their friends.
How do you like to keep in touch with your fans? Leave us a comment below!
Next week: Reviews are a great way to help new fans find you. Ask your existing fans to write a review to help others get to know your music.
Have a great week!