Online press releases are designed to help increase your online visibility, reach more people and increase search engine ranking. An online press release is similar to a traditional press release, but with added benefits like links to outside sources, images, audio, videos and more.
As an independent musician, online press releases are an invaluable tool. They’re a great way for you to share the news about your upcoming album release, show dates, or collaborations, while also sharing your audio and video content. Those receiving your release will have a more complete picture of who you are as an artist based on your online press release content.
Companies that provide online press release services include: PitchEngine, PR Web and Vocus.
As with traditional press releases, there are several tips to consider when writing a press release:
– Remember the who, what, where, when, how and why. Give the details and stick to the facts.
– Make a strong start with an impactful headline and first paragraph. Grab the readers’ attention.
– Use active voice and don’t be afraid of assertive language.
– Don’t be wordy. Less is more. Try to be as concise as possible.
– No jargon. Don’t go over readers’ heads with language they may not understand. Plain, concise language is key.
– Proofread. Read your release at least twice and have a friend or band mate check it out for typos and errors.
– Make an impression. With online releases, your audio and video content should be the best quality you can achieve.
Keep in mind that once you create an online press release, you must also distribute it. Be sure to send it to appropriate contacts and, where appropriate, consider sending out the release via your social media channels like Twitter and Facebook.
Check out additional tips from PRWeb.
Tell us what you think! Have you ever used an online press release? Did it help increase your visibility?
Up next: When to buy a pass to a conference/festival like CMJ in October.